The most obvious differences between a standard ink-jet printer and a Multifunction Copier are speed and cost.
A laser printer is much faster and cheaper to operate per page than an ink based printer. We have machines that can print 80 pages per minute in high-resolutions! Compare to 1 or 2 minutes per page for an ink-jet in normal print mode.
Inkjet printers cost an average of 15¢ per page in supplies alone. Multifunction laser copiers average less than a penny per print to operate. If you have a large print volume, a Toshiba e-Studio MFP will quickly pay for themselves in savings.
Some features of a new commercial Multifunction Printer:
- Stored data is encrypted for data security
- Scan documents to pdf, tiff, e-mail, usb, network folders, etc
- Managing departments & departmental volume tracking
- User management, policy, and accounting
- Keeping print documents private between departments
- Sending incoming faxes directly to e-mail addresses
- VNC remote network panel viewing and control
- Customisable function templates
- Built in web browser to print from web, right from the panel
and much more!